WHERE IS IT? In the Southside, just past the roundabout intersection where Nithsdale Street meets Nithsdale Road
Now located at 18-76 Nithsdale Road, the former Titwood Place is a long, three-storey tenement building, with the ground floor designed to house retail premises.
The change of name happened as a result of the development of Nithsdale Street. Reminders of its former title still exist, such as the Titwood Bar which is found in the centre of the building. The structure was built in 1876 by Thomson’s partner Robert Turnbill a year after the architect himself had passed away just around the corner in his home, No.1 Moray Place.
The street is also around the corner from Salisbury Quadrant, another of Thomson's designs that was also finished by Turnbull posthumously. As with that one, Titwood Place is often looked down upon by critics due to its plain execution.
The highlights for those only in Glasgow for a day or two
Glasgow has a vast selection of museums and art galleries
Buildings and designs by Scotland's most famous architect
The pioneer of sustainable building with many examples across Glasgow