POLLOKSHIELDS CHURCH OF SCOTLAND
WHERE IS IT? In the city's south side, on the corner of Shields Road and Albert Drive, across from Alexander Thomson's The Knowe
Originally built as the Pollokshields Established Church, it was designed by Stirling born architect Robert Baldie in 1878.
Baldie mixed the Gothic design with the early English gable, with tabernacles above the broaches of the spire on the south-west corner, a carved finial and a clock face on each of the four sides. The west side of the church is divided by buttresses into five bays, each having two single-light windows with hood-mouldings and carved terminals.
The highlights for those only in Glasgow for a day or two
Glasgow has a vast selection of museums and art galleries
Buildings and designs by Scotland's most famous architect
The pioneer of sustainable building with many examples across Glasgow