WHERE IS IT: In the city’s Southside, in the Pollokshields district, opposite the Maxwell Park train station on Terregles Avenue
This small, well-maintained park is hidden away within the affluent houses of the Pollokshields area and is situated next to Pollokshields Burgh Hall.
It was gifted to the city by Sir John Stirling Maxwell, the Scottish politician and philanthropist who helped shape the Pollok area into the green space it still is today. The park opened in 1890 and contains a number of different plants and flowers that were taken from the gardens of Pollok House in what is now Pollok Country Park.
These species are believed to have been brought back from around the world by botanist and explorer George Forrest. Many of the flowers can be found in the ornamental bed that used to be the base of the Hamilton Fountain.
The highlights for those only in Glasgow for a day or two
Glasgow has a vast selection of museums and art galleries
Buildings and designs by Scotland's most famous architect
The pioneer of sustainable building with many examples across Glasgow